ADSM-L

Error Sending Data on Socket 5. Reason 32.

1997-08-12 15:40:51
Subject: Error Sending Data on Socket 5. Reason 32.
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:40:51 -0400
I have been increasingly getting the error:

ANR8216W Error Sending Data on Socket 5.  Reason 32.

I usually see this in the activity log during a HP-UX 10.0 session.  On
the client, side the backup session aborts with a bus error(coredump).
It often appears just after backing up one filespace, but before getting
the message that the next is to begin.

The message manual indicates some sort of TCP/IP error, but gives no
other clue on the cause/cure to this problem.

Has anyone else seen this?  Know of a cure?

Thanks.

Bob Price

Westinghouse I & T Information Systems
11 Stanwix Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Email:   pricerr AT westinghouse DOT com
Voice:   (412) 642-3634, (WIN) 272-3634
FAX:     (412) 642-3929, (WIN) 272-3929