ADSM-L

2.1.0.13 --> 2.1.5.13 ?

1997-08-08 21:08:34
Subject: 2.1.0.13 --> 2.1.5.13 ?
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 18:08:34 -0700
Operating System:       AIX 4.1.4
ADSM Server:            2.1.0.13
Hardware:               SP2 Wide Node, 256MB RAM
Database Size:          22GB, 4GB recovery log

For some unknown reason we have been under the mistaken
impression that the 2.1.5.x version of the AIX server was for
multi-processor (SMP) environments, and the 2.1.0.x version was
for uniprocs. Today we learned that 2.1.0.x was for AIX 3.x and
2.1.5.x was for AIX 4.x.

Two questions come to mind before we change code.

1) does anyone have any experience or warnings about moving an
   AIX ADSM server from 2.1.0.x to 2.1.5.x ?
2) will this alleviate any of the *major* performance issues
   that we experience in our environment (migration transfer
   rates of < .5GB/HR from fast DASD on one SCSI bus to 3590
   tapes on a different SCSI bus, e.g.)?

Any tips, suggestions, or warnings are greatly appreciated, as we
would like to make this change as quickly as possible.

Thanks. -- Tom