ADSM-L

Re: Problem configuring a ATL 7100 DLT library with AIX ADSM.

1997-08-07 16:43:10
Subject: Re: Problem configuring a ATL 7100 DLT library with AIX ADSM.
From: Mark Roberts <mkr AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 15:43:10 -0500
Mike Leuthold wrote:

> Hi:
>         I am trying to configure a ATL 7100 to work with IBM's ADSM and I'm
> having some trouble.  I am using the 7100's feature to change it's id to
> a 4/52 and have installed the most recent version of ADSM that supports
> DLT7000 drives.  (2.1.0.13)  I am able to create devices for both the library
> and tape drives, but when I attempt to add the library within adsm, I get the
> error....
>
> ANR8300E I/O error on library ATL7100 (OP=00006C01, CC=207, KEY=FF, ASC=FF,
> ASCQ=FF, Description=Device is not in a state capable of performing request).
> Refer to Appendix B in the 'Messages' manual for recommended action.
>
> where the message in the manual is
>
> 'Illegal Request'
>
> Is anyone using the ATL 7100 sucessfully with ADSM? (or not?)
> Thanks.
>
> Mike Leuthold
> Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
> University of Arizona
> leuthold AT air.atmo.arizona DOT edu
> 520-621-2863

Mike,

We are seeing the same thing with an ATL 7100 that we are testing.  We
noticed further that opening the libraries device special file using
lbtest causes the 7100 to do an inventory.

Mark

--
Mark Roberts                            Mail:  mkr AT openmic DOT com
Mark Roberts                            Mail:  mkr AT openmic DOT com