ADSM-L

Changing schedule (prompted)

1997-08-07 10:47:31
Subject: Changing schedule (prompted)
From: Gary Wood <glw2 AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:47:31 EDT
Can someone please shed some light on this.  We had occasion to create a
new schedule which controls most of our Windows NT clients.  The new
schedule was created by copying the old one (via GUI admin) and all the
proper associations were made.  The old schedule still exists but was
'disabled' by changing the start date to a future date.  The ADSM server
initiated the new schedule at 10:00 PM, prompted all the clients, sessions
were started with all of them but immediately ended w/o backing up any data.
It then proceeded to contact all the clients again at each 15 minute interval
with the same result - the sessions end immediately.

Is this happening because the clients were expecting to be prompted with
the previous schedule and are rejecting the new one, or am I missing
something basic here ?