ADSM-L

Re: AIX 4.2 and ADSM

1997-08-05 12:01:30
Subject: Re: AIX 4.2 and ADSM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 12:01:30 -0400
I really question whether IBM has any committment to ADSM/HSM as a
strategic product.
I have owned two licenses for the HSM component since last September,
and have never been able to use them.

By the time we got ADSM installed, I found out that the AIX servers that
were our intended ADSM clients were all running AIX 4.1.4, and there was
no HSM support.

So I waited until HSM support became available for 4.1.4.  But by the
time that was available, we already had orders in to replace our
stand-alone RS/6000's with an 8-node SP, which just arrived with AIX
4.2.

And there is STILL no HSM support for AIX 4.2.