ADSM-L

My analysis of the "real" point of this message...

1997-08-04 13:32:52
Subject: My analysis of the "real" point of this message...
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:32:52 -0600
IBM,

ADSM is different.  ADSM support must be different.  If this requires a
separate support organization for ADSM, create it, staff it and make it the
best in the industry.

I believe the folks active in this list server are ADSM zealots. They like the
product, would hate to use something else, but they expect a lot from their
vendor.  You, IBM, are the biggest and the baddest on the block.  You can, and
should provide better.  I recommend that my potential ADSM customers subscribe
to this list serve to see first hand what others have to say about ADSM.  This
has been tremendously helpful (thanks to all who use this thing).  However, for
them to see a wart (for those non-english speakers, a large, noticeable,
painful piece of flesh in some undesireable part of your body) of this size
with respect to support is not helping us sell the product.

May I recommend that the person responsible within IBM form a working group
consisting of folks from this group and from the internal support organization
to create a reasonable support structure for ADSM?  This working group should
complete its work within 30 days and the new organization should be in place
within 60 days.  Let's not analyze this to death, but rather fix it and move
on.  Version 3 is going to place an incredible load on all of us.  We don't
need the added aggravation of sub par support.

Thanks,

Kelly, You Can Count On Me to Stay On This Soap Box, Lipp