ADSM-L

server database deadlock

1997-08-04 11:24:45
Subject: server database deadlock
From: Khiem Phan <kphan1 AT TANDY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:24:45 -0500
We are running ADSM V2R1Level 0.10/0.10 on MVS platform. Recently, We
have received the following ADSM mesages regarding ADSM database dead
lock.

IGD104I TSDP.ADSM.SERV1.HIST1                        RETAINED,
DDNAME=SYS0021
ANR5220I Deleting CARTRIDGE 792987 from Storage Pool TAPEMIGRATIONPOOL.

ANR1341I Scratch volume 792987 has been deleted from storage pool

TAPEMIGRATIONPOOL.

ANR0390W A server database deadlock situation has been encountered: lock

request for transaction 0:75661734 will be denied to resolve the
deadlock.
ANR9999D ICUTIL(1369): Lock acquisition (sLock) failed for
icvhVolumeType 5.
ANR4513E A database lock conflict was encountered in processing
sequential
volume history information.

ANR4510E Server could not write sequential volume history information to

'TSDP.ADSM.SERV1.HIST1'.

ANR5220I Deleting CARTRIDGE 758460 from Storage Pool TAPEMIGRATIONPOOL.

ANR1341I Scratch volume 758460 has been deleted from storage pool

TAPEMIGRATIONPOOL

I searched the IBM info and could not find any current APAR apply to
this situation. Any one of you ever seen this with your ADSM server?

Thanks..........Khiem