ADSM-L

Re: Any ideas on how to perform a monthly incremental in addition toa daily?

1997-08-04 09:10:50
Subject: Re: Any ideas on how to perform a monthly incremental in addition toa daily?
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 08:10:50 -0500
Doug,

  You have hit upon a sore subject that has been hashed out on the ADSM
forum before.  However, no ideal solution has been forthcoming.  If you
have any desire to view the discussion thread, the listserv can send you
archives.  It was a rather interesting discussion.  Suffice to say that
many of us have the need you spoke of and desire ADSM to support it.

The only real recommendation that came out of the thread was to view your
customer specs that drive this need and make absolutely certain that ADSM's
current storage management constructs cannot meet your needs.  Otherwise,
you need to perform a trick like you described.  Options for this are to
run 2 client tasks on the client end or run a task to either rename the
filespaces or the node at the server end.   (Have two nodes or two sets of
filespaces and swap them for the monthly run).

I regret not having better news.

Good Luck,
  Dan T.