ADSM-L

Re: DLT7000 drives with ADSM

1997-07-29 11:59:59
Subject: Re: DLT7000 drives with ADSM
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:59:59 -0400
Last night I was hit by a tape not ejecting fully from a drive on my 9710.
Foolish me, I'd (for some reason) lowered the High migration point down to
0 on my disk pool, and left it this way while the backups were running!
About two hours in to a process with oodles and oodles od tape mounts, on
dismount failed leaving a tape "stuck""!

I had to drive in, eject the tape by hand, and get things back sane..

(Note to self; add a command to ensure that the high migration point is set
to 75% in my nightly processing job)>

Peter T