ADSM-L

Remote library backup stg pool and dbbackup

1997-07-28 20:50:04
Subject: Remote library backup stg pool and dbbackup
From: John Groves <jmg AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:50:04 -0500
Lothar Guthmann wrote:

> [stuff deleted]
> >  - ability to generate offsite DB backups and backup storage pools
> > over network, without need to transport media back and forth.
>
> I think this is already possible using a SCSI storage extender. I
> heard it is possible to put a library 20km away from the server, but
> of course you need at least 2 libraries in order to do what you have
> in mind.
>
> [stuff deleted]

Our SafeDistance product provides a pure-software solution for backup
storage pool and dbbackup to a remote library.  We use TCP/IP, so any
network link can be used without laying your own fiber!  SafeDistance
allows an ADSM server to transparently use a remote library as if it
were local.

More info can be obtained from our web (link below).  Follow the
"products" link and then the "SafeDistance" link.

John
John Groves,    Mail:  jmg AT openmic DOT com
Open Microsystems Inc.   WWW: http://www.openmic.com
505 East Huntland Drive, Suite 450  Voice (512) 450-0900 X150
Austin, TX 78752-3714   Fax     (512) 450-0397
USA