ADSM-L

Re: (RETRY) Event record deletion, archive symlinks, wishlist ADSM V3

1997-07-26 03:23:00
Subject: Re: (RETRY) Event record deletion, archive symlinks, wishlist ADSM V3
From: Sal Salak Juraj <IMCEAMS-KEBALINZ_CENTRAL_sal AT MSMAIL.KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 09:23:00 +0200
Hi Lothar,

I first skipped your article because the beginning of it
is not really interesting for me.
You´d better preffer to post more mails each with one concern only.

About your wishlist:

 - a modified archive which performs an incremental archive

Yes, yes , this point would be extremly important for me.
In fact, current ARCHIVE´s implementation has been one of few points
which prevented ADSM to spread from my department to
whole company.

  - an option that makes it possible to do a fsck before
    backing up/archiving a filesystem.

Generally speaking, what you want is to improve functionality
of current PRESCHED command.
ADSM should be able to check exit code of this command,
and follow/stop processing depending on its value. I do agree.
And - I would like to have PRESCHED/POSTSCHED ability
added in ADSM´s scheduler - this would be a flexible
way for scheduling different commands on single client.

Greetings, Juraj
Juraj SALAK, KEBA
sal AT keba.co DOT at