ADSM-L

DLT7000 drives with ADSM

1997-07-25 15:45:41
Subject: DLT7000 drives with ADSM
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:45:41 -0400
Hi,

I'm looking at throwing some additional hardware at our ADSM server.
We're currently using a 3494 with 2 3590 tape drives and have been very
happy with the performance and reliability.  However, my management
won't go for another 3494 frame with additional 3590's because of the
cost.  This leaves me with DLT and 3570 technology as options.  Anybody
out there in ADSM land using DLT7000 drives  ??  If so,   have you been
happy with the reliability, performance, etc.  Any gotchas I need to
watch out for ??

Thanks...
Tim Pittson