ADSM-L

Re: AIX Forum similar to this o

1997-07-24 21:55:00
Subject: Re: AIX Forum similar to this o
From: Kai Hintze <Hintze.K AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:55:00 MT
On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:38:35 -0500, Bill Allen <ballen AT FRUIT DOT COM>
asked:

> Fellow ADSMers,
>
> Is there a service similar to this for general AIX support?  I have a
> question about AIX password changes:  Is there a way to change the
> password for a list of users in batch mode?  I have 16 users that I
> setup for a class and would like to set their password all at once.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

I am aware of Solaris and HP/UX system admin lists. There is a generic
unix system admin list I like called Unix Wizards. mail
to: unix-wiz-request AT listserv.nodak DOT edu
with body: subscribe unix-wiz
subject is ignored.

Have fun!
Kai.