ADSM-L

Re: DELete Volume ...

1997-07-25 11:33:15
Subject: Re: DELete Volume ...
From: Lothar Guthmann <ltg AT GOME5.PHYSIK.UNI-BREMEN DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:33:15 +0200
Hi Bill,

> I have a setup with the ADSM server running on a RS/6000 C20 with a 7331
> tape library with one tape drive.  I have a tape volume with a single
> file that is larger than the movepool on disk.  To free this volume I
> could do a delete volume dsm004 discarddata=yes.  The question is:  Will
> ADSM backup the files lost by the discard on the next scheduled backup?

It should do that. At least ADSM did it for us when I deleted a volume
with discarddata=yes in the setup phase of our ADSM server.
But of course I can not promise you that ADSM will do that. You could set
up a test environment to make absolutely sure ADSM behave like you need it.

Hope this helps.

Greetings, Lothar