ADSM-L

Re: Novell wants a user name -Reply

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: Re: Novell wants a user name -Reply
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 7/24/97 10:43AM
I have seen the problem you describe, and it usually occurs at midnight when
no one is around.  We get by it by NOT using the NWPWFILE, and by using the
NWUSER parm as described below.  Even our Security department does this!  We
believe that having the id and password in an unsecured file is not a problem
in this case, since the DSM.OPT is in a directory that is not available to
the average user - you would need special permission to get to this point on
the SYS: volume, which provides sufficient security - at least the Security
guya are happy with this.

Also, I believe that the real need for this is not so much files as it is the
bindery.  I usually test the setup by doing a selective backup of the
bindery; since I started this process I have not had a reoccurance of this
operational event.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com