ADSM-L

...no subject...

1997-07-22 12:20:22
Subject: ...no subject...
From: Frank Stevi <fjstevi AT CO.BNA.BOEING DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:20:22 PDT
We currently run ADSM on the MVS platform using STK silo's.
We're experiencing a high CPU utilization on of our MVS
system. We've been asked to either reduce the high CPU rate
or move ADSM to another platform.

We're interested in moving ADSM to a Unix server and possibly
bringing in a standalone tape subsystem or bringing in a
solution which interfaces to our existing STK silo's.

We're interested in a Sun, RS6000 or other type of Unix
server.

We currently back up 80 servers but are planning to meet the
following needs -
   We expect to be backing up 150 - 200 servers.
   Our ADSM UNIX server should have 20 Gig of DASD and
   be capable of expanding to add more.

It would be of great interest to learn how other
installations have configured their ADSM/UNIX systems, what
kind of tape systems they run, what kind of performance their
experiencing and so forth.

Thank you -
Frank Stevi Boeing North American