ADSM-L

NDS Directory backup taking TOO long

1997-07-21 10:13:39
Subject: NDS Directory backup taking TOO long
From: Chris Berthaut <cberthaut AT HIBERNIABANK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:13:39 -0500
Can anyone lend some insight into why my NDS directory backups would
be taking so long to do? They kick off at about 1:00 AM and are still going
strong around 9am the next morning. This is a backup of a server which
contains replicas of about 100 servers, so the database is fairly large, but
I really don't think it should be taking THIS long! Every line in the
DSMSCHED.LOG file shows a Normal File--> 2,048,000 for every object in
the database - I'm a little fuzzy on this as well. Why should each record
show such a large file size? Is there anything in the redbooks that gives a
good detailed description of NDS backup?
Thanks for the help