ADSM-L

Re: adsm nt baclient not working

1997-07-18 09:58:21
Subject: Re: adsm nt baclient not working
From: Debbie Cline-Miller <dec12 AT HEALTH.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 09:58:21 EDT
We were having a similar problem, but we had Lotus Notes installed on the
client and Quincy was not giving us a clear error message. We uninstalled
Notes and experienced the same symtoms as you are now. No error message
just a total shut down of ADSM. After much finaggling the admin decided
to reinstall NT since it had originally been installed over WFW and had
created other problems in the past. After installing NT and ADSM she
tried the schedule and it worked. Later that day she was installing other
software and tried the scheduler and got a divide by zero error. Knew
that was from an audio cd-rom, had that removed and scheduler worked.
After installing Notes again, she tried the cd-rom and scheduler didn't
work and gave no divide by zero error. So although you may not see a
divide by zero error always check the cd-rom for an audio disk.

>Date:    Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:42:21 -0400
>From:    Alex Mounayar <Alex.Mounayar AT SMED DOT COM>
>Subject: adsm nt baclient not working

>We have run into a problem with the  ADSM backup client on an NT workstation.
>I installed the client on an Intel pc running NT 4.0 with service pack 3.  I
>added the node
>to the server.  However the backup client will not start.  When started it
>displays the inital
>screen but then just drops off with no error message.  I have had this happen
>couple of times
>on my own workstation but reinstalling the client got it working again.
>Reinstalling it did not
>work in this case.

>The nt client we are installing is "ADSM Windows 32-Bit Client v2.1.0.6 (Fix
>IP20993)" from the IBM ftp site.

>Any ideas suggestions would be appreciated,

>Thanks,

>Alex Mounayar, Shared Medical Systems

*   Debbie Cline-Miller    *
*  BHNSM - C148  473-1809  *