ADSM-L

Re: Converting

1997-07-17 11:33:07
Subject: Re: Converting
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:33:07 -0400
Bill,

1) On the ADSM server side, configure and enable TCPIP, then update your
ADSM server options file to enable TCPIP... something along the lines of

COMMMETHOD      TCPIP
TCPPORT         1500
TCPWINDOWSIZE          xxx

2) On the Netware client side, configure and enable TCPIP (make sure you
download the latest version of TCPIP from the Novell FTP site).  Before
changing over, verify you can talk to the ADSM server by pinging it
(LOAD PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).  Then modify your DSM.OPT file....

COMMMETHOD      TCPIP
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxx.xxx.xxx.xx   (note - Netware by itself can't use
DNS - you need an add on product)
TCPPORT          1500

Reload the ADSM scheduler and you should be all set..

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com