ADSM-L

STK 9710 & Quantum DLT

1997-07-15 15:24:22
Subject: STK 9710 & Quantum DLT
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 14:24:22 -0500
I'm looking for feedback from people running the STK 9710, either
native-mode or via the ACSLS software, with Quantum DLT drives (DLT-4000
or DLT-7000) for large file backup or archive. We're looking at doing
150 GB of Oracle database (SAP R/3) in a four-hour window (maximum).
We're curious about real versus rated performance, especially in a
direct-to-tape mode.

We'll be running over the SP2 switch (TB3) in an AIX/RS-6000
environment. We're looking at a four-drive DLT-7000 configuration with
no more than two drives per SCSI interface (three SCSI boards for the
four tape units). Most of the actual files will be in the 1.7 to 1.9 GB
range.

Any "gotcha's" we should be aware of?

Thanks -

Tom Kauffman