ADSM-L

AIX VIRTUALM AND INCLEXCL

1997-07-15 11:25:56
Subject: AIX VIRTUALM AND INCLEXCL
From: "Spencer, Mike" <Mike.Spencer AT SEA.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:25:56 -0400
I'm using virtualmount points on an AIX client in addition to an
inclexcl statement.  The client attempted to do an incremental on the
excluded file anyway.  The attempt here is to get a good incremental
backup.  The client is continually locking up in one
group of files within a filespace.  Apparently the filespace contains to
many files (58,000 +).  Two questions:
1.  Can the inclexcl be used in conjunction with virtualmount
     point?

2.  As anyone been able to circumvent the 'lock up' problem?
     IBM has not been able to give me an answer on what to do.