ADSM-L

Re: Netware restore performance

1997-07-14 10:46:17
Subject: Re: Netware restore performance
From: Matthias Brasch <M_Brasch AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:46:17 -0400
Hi ADSM'ers

thanks for your answers depending the netware-restore.
Andy Raibeck gives me the hint to let my mc's point to
different storage pools.
My scenario is as this :
I've got an primary pool called 'BACKUPPOOL' on disk with
next storage-pool called 'CTAPE_COLLOCATION' on tape.
From Andy's answer I understood that for example
I could use three primary pools called POOL1,POOL2,POOL3 for example.
Do I also have to define three tape pools ( CTAPE_COLL1, .._COLL2, .._COLL3
)
as next storage pools for the primary pools ??
as next storage pools for the primary pools ??

I have defined an disk-storage-pool for my DIRMC.
When I use the move-data command are the directory-entries
automaticaly stored into this pool  ??
( example 'move data <tape> stgpool=BACKUPPOOL' )
I'm already trying this and it doesn't seem to work.

As for the 'slowincremental=yes' parameter I only can say that when
using '=no' my adsm-netware-nlm dies with leak of storage if
doing an 'restore vol1:* .su=y' .
It dies after 'processed 250000 files'.
So I think there seems do be an dependence between this parameter an the
restore-command.

best regards

Matthias Brasch, HEW-Hamburg Germany