ADSM-L

ADSM Server no connect to IBM3494

1997-07-10 16:26:52
Subject: ADSM Server no connect to IBM3494
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:26:52 +0100
Hello,

we need urgently advice how to get our
ADSM Server with tape robot 3494 operational again.

This afternoon
command "audit library" hangs for more than one hour
and could not be canceled. Server had to be stopped.
Audit library usually gives messages ANR8774W and
ANR8455E because we use one scratch pool for two
ADSM Servers on two SP2 nodes with one library.

After restart of ADSM Server no tape mounts possible.
Msg "ANR8451I 349X library AIXATL is ready for operations."
is missing on console log. SHOW library shows online=0.

lmcpd is very busy on AIX, Library manager on 3494
is conctinously writing to trace log.

We rebooted AIX and library -- no change.

My assumption is:
Audit process during startup of server hangs.

Question:
Is it possible to start server without auditing during startup ?
Does something like "dsmserv noaudit" exist ?

PS.

Now it is getting dark outside, we are leaving the office.
Our last hope is that night hours will give some releaf
to the overworked library manager and that in the morning
with the new sun arising he will accept our humble requests
for some tape processing.

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de