ADSM-L

Novell/Windows client Performance

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: Novell/Windows client Performance
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 7/9/97 5:06PM
An interesting question.  The LAN folks in my office would be quick to point
out that a server that was purchased to run NetWare (especially Version 3)
might not be well suited to run NT (I assume that Win95 is not really
important, because it isn't really a server OS.)  My gut feel, though, ould
be that given a similar machine, one that was adequate to handle NT, then the
ADSM client under NT would probably be the better performer.  I base that on
the fact that NetWare does not really multi-task very well.  The interaction
between ADSM and TCP/IP would also be better under NT.

As an aside, we did a conversion of an OS/2 machine to NT Workstation, and
ADSM ran significantly better under NT.  (As an OS/2 bigot, it pained me to
admit it too!)

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    7/9/97 5:06 PM

??? Between ADSM Novell client and ADSM Windows 95/NT Client, which one
have better performances???? Have anyone tested between these two
clients.

John Ma.
john_ma AT ibm DOT net