ADSM-L

Re[2]: restore -fromn

1997-07-09 13:13:12
Subject: Re[2]: restore -fromn
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:13:12 EST
     FROM   :   Christian Moser
                M001CC.CMOSER
                Christian Moser at BE2006

     DATE   :   07/09/97
     SUBJECT:   Re[2]: restore -fromn

     Too bad for the following:

     We migrate NetWare Servers to WinNT. So do we need a NetWare Server to
     be able to restore some old stuff which will have been moved to WinNT
     once?

     Is or will there be an easier way?

     Kind regards,
     Christian Moser within the Schering company, 13342 Berlin,
     Tel.: (+49 30) 46811356,  Fax: (+49 30) 46816719,
     Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
wrote:

ADSM does not support cross-platform restores or retrieves. That is, you
can not restore NT client data to AIX, AIX client data to NetWare, NetWare
data to AIX, Mac data to Windows, etc. There is a bug, however, in the UNIX
clients that allows you to view NetWare filespaces. APAR IC17334 was taken
to address this, as the filespace should not be displayed if it isn't
supported on that platform.

Chapter 1 in the "Using the <xyz> Backup-Archive Client" manuals describe
which file system types are supported for that platform.