ADSM-L

ADSM & Novell NDS

1997-07-07 11:23:06
Subject: ADSM & Novell NDS
From: Andrew Jackson <ajackson AT BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:23:06 +0000
I am currently looking for information on using ADSM to back up the
Novell NDS tree.  I have ADSM running on a test server that is
working fine.  I am able to restore any part of the NDS tree tath I
require.

However, on our production server I get the following error and I am
unable to back up the NDS tree.

        ANS497E: Login denied to Netware Target Service Agent 'BCIT'.

Here is how the Novell NDS is set up.  The master copy of the NDS is
on a remote server that is running Netware 4.10.  I am trying to back
up a copy which is on a local server running Netware 4.11.

Would the different versions of Netware affect the ADSM backup?

Andrew Jackson
Systems Analyst
Email: ajackson AT bcit.bc DOT ca
Internet: http://www.bcit.bc.ca/~ajackson