ADSM-L

Re: DLT 4700 Stacker?

1997-07-03 09:12:10
Subject: Re: DLT 4700 Stacker?
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:12:10 -0400
On Fri, 23 May 1997, Mark J. Cecil wrote:

| Anyone use a DLT4700 stacker w/ ADSM/AIX ?  I'm wondering what the behaviour
| of the 4700 is on an EJECT command...

Yes, we've been using ours for a bout a year.

| Does the library auto-open for access to the entire magazine? Or do the OPs
| have to take the unit offline and open it manually?

The operator must always manually hit the 'Eject' button to unload the
magazine.  It's not neccessary to take the unit 'offline'.  Do NOT hit the
'Eject' button while a tape is loaded!  This will unmount the tape in the
drive and place it into the magazine regardless of what ADSM might be
doing with that tape.  This has somewhat negative side effects on ADSM and
it doesn't appreciate it.  :)

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development