ADSM-L

ADSM/NT Client Installation Error

1997-07-03 04:26:06
Subject: ADSM/NT Client Installation Error
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 02:26:06 -0600
I'm trying to install the ADSM/NT V2.1.0.6 client on a new Windows NT 4.0
server configuration (for us) and I'm getting errors in the installation
process.

The configuration is an IBM 704 server running Lotus Notes server 4.5.1,
Netfinity V5 with 22Gb hard drives.

When I try to run 'setup' on these boxes with Notes and Netfinity up, the
program begins to load InstallShield temporary files to disk and then gets
the following message:

"Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files.
Make at least 876Kb free disk space available and then try running Setup
again.
Error 101"

Our Notes administrator thought the problem might be a conflict with Notes
and Netfinity and ADSM, so I shut down those services (even booted with
them inactive) and get the following error at about the same point in the
installation:

"Quincy for Win 32
Application Error has occurred and a NOTES.RIP is being generated in
_INS0432_MP.EXE
Exception Access Violation (0xC0000005), Address 0x77a91e09"

Has anyone seen this or similar errors during an NT ADSM client
installation?

In lieu of running the installation program, can I simply copy files from
another working client and modify them appropriately?  Does anyone have
experience in doing this?

Thanks,
Dennis