ADSM-L

Win NT disaster recovery

1997-07-03 00:15:19
Subject: Win NT disaster recovery
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:15:19 EDT
Hi all - I'm still trying to figure out the Windows NT disaster
recovery to different hardware, and how I might do the following
1. install NT
2. install ADSM
3. restore the registry except for the SYSTEM hive to a temporary
   place
4. boot to dos, copy the registry over
But it looks like from the readme that comes with the 2.1.6 client
and the Bare Metal restore, that I have to restore the registry to
another boot partition, then copy it over to the non-active partition.
So, in the event of a disaster where my replacement hardware is
different, I have to
1. Install NT to a primary partition
2. Install NT again, and ADSM to another partition
3. Boot off the 2nd partition and restore the registry and copy it
   over to the 1st partition?
I'm confused.. is this really the way it has to work?
I'm fairly new to the NT world... thanks for any help!
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM