ADSM-L

Compressed log records?

1997-07-02 13:05:54
Subject: Compressed log records?
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 13:05:54 EDT
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:16:18 -0600, Bob Booth asked:

>I have been having problems with my AIX server (V2 R1 M5 PTF 12) filling its
>recovery log.  Now I see that it has compressed some of the log records and
>is not allowing me to do a database backup.

We are running AIX server 2.1.0.12 and have problems with the recovery log
filling.  We have been told that a fix will be in PTF 13 which is supposed to
be available any day now.  Until then we have a process that issues the
undocumented CKPT command every 15 minutes.

    Mike (Just another user, not ADSM support) Knight