ADSM-L

How do you ADSM client GUI functionality

1997-07-01 15:41:14
Subject: How do you ADSM client GUI functionality
From: Frank Vanderschoot <fvander AT UCS.ATT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 15:41:14 -0400
In a three frame SP complex, all ADSM client nodes are under a
sys admin controlled backup schedule.  All I want the end users
to be able to do is "Archive" and "Restore/Retrieve" their own files.
I'd like to restrict them from using the "Backup" function and I'd
like to limit the mounted file systems available for "Archive", to
exclude ( /, /usr, /var ... etc. ) so that they only see the file
systems which they use.

Does anybody know of a way to accomplish this without having to develop
your own end user ADSM client interface ???

thanks,
                           ,,,
                          (. .)
| Frank Vanderschoot              Email: fvander AT ucs.att DOT com |
| UNIX System Administration      Phone: (904) 954-7029      |
| AT&T Universal Card Services    Fax  : (904) 954-7263      |