ADSM-L

retrieve problem with AIX client

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: retrieve problem with AIX client
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 6/30/97 11:01AM
I am not familiar with the AIX client, but if it is consistent with the other
GUI clients, there should be a checkbox somewhere on the panel that say
something like "include subdirectories".  If you don't check this box, then
ADSM will only search the root.  If you have checked this box, then be sure
that you are not including file system related info when you specify the
file.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    6/30/97 11:01 AM

I use the AIX client 2.1.0.5
with the 'dsm' GUI I can archive files but I cannot retrieve them.
Whatever I try, it says:

        ANS3162I No files match specification.

With the command line interface 'dsmc' everything works.
Any ideas ?

Karl Roessmann
Karl Roessmann
Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart
Heisenbergstr. 1
70506 Stuttgart

Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Fax. +49-711-689-1632
email roess AT and.mpi-stuttgart.mpg DOT de