ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Leonard,

I had a similar problem here. I am running the adsm server on AIX and I did
have an aix client running in -MOUNT mode for       the operators, but the
console was silent (no beeps etc). Operators would often miss a message to
mount a tape causing havoc.

I solved the problem by using our existing MVS automation packakge called
AUTOM8XC (from Legent, now Computer Associates). This product runs on an OS/2
PC and is the central message router for MVS,VM,VSE,VMS,VTAM,CICS etc here. I
just run a telnet on this pc, the Ops analyst define what messages to pick up
and now mount messages for ADSM ring merrily on the autom8xc console - annoying
the operators into action and making them mount tapes !.

Hope this helps you a little.

Best Regards,

Peter Zutenis.
Philip Morris Information Services Ltd