ADSM-L

Failure to Load ADSM on an NT server

1997-06-25 14:05:52
Subject: Failure to Load ADSM on an NT server
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:05:52 -0400
Date:     June 25, 1997            Time: 12:45 PM
From:     Jerry Lawson
          The Hartford Insurance Group
(860)  547-2960          jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
Has anyone else seen this problem, or have an idea what is wrong?
Has anyone else seen this problem, or have an idea what is wrong?

We have an NT 3.51 Server, running ADSM 32 bit client at Level 6.  The
command line client runs fine, as does the scheduled backups, which are
installed as a service.  We cannot, however, get the GUI client to load.  We
launch the DSM.EXE client, and after about 15 seconds (the inital panels have
been displayed), we receive a dialog box that says:

     Assertion failed: n/sMSGP-prev !=NULL, file=  ..\SRC\ANSNLS.C line 1838

in the DSMERROR.log, there is a message with the same date and time that
reads as follows:

      (Date and time stamp)  ntConsoleEventHandler(): Caught Close console
event
      (Date and time stamp)  ntConsoleEventHandler(): Cleaning up and
terminating process

Any ideas?

                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry