ADSM-L

Re: IBM SETS RECORD...

1997-06-24 21:42:54
Subject: Re: IBM SETS RECORD...
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:42:54 PDT
>From:         Ian Northeast <i.northeast AT POCLK.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
>Comments: To: "IBM SETS RECORD WITH BACKUP AND RESTORE OF
>          DATABASE!!"@poclk.demon.co.uk
>To:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>
>Cyndie, this looks very good. Are any more details available, e.g. what
>model RS/6000 is the server, how many tape drives are being used, is the
>backup staged via disk and if so how big is the pool, what level is the
>server software?

Ian, a detailed technial report is being written that your IBMer will
be able to review with you.  The benchmarks were done on a RS/6000 SP,
with different environments....some with uni-nodes, some with SMP nodes.
The backups were done straight to the 3590 tapes...no disk pool.
We'll really need to wait for the full technical report for all of the
details...thanks, Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)