ADSM-L

Re: VOLHIST & DEVCONFIG Allocations on MVS

1997-06-24 19:48:10
Subject: Re: VOLHIST & DEVCONFIG Allocations on MVS
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 19:48:10 -0400
In an SMS environment you don't have to pre-allocate these, provided that you
allow SMS to intercept and handle allocations from ADSM. If you want to
manually allocate them, the attributes are:

DSORG=PS
RECFM=VB
LRECL=1028
BLKSIZE=6144

I believe that by default, ADSM will allocate 20 tracks primary and secondary.
The data set *must* be cataloged. There is a DOC APAR for this, PN87318.

Regards,

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
---------------------- Forwarded by Andrew Raibeck/San Jose/IBM on 06/24/97