ADSM-L

Re: backup status after filesystem deletion

1997-06-20 10:24:16
Subject: Re: backup status after filesystem deletion
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:24:16 -0500
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
>Rather than re-labeling the disk volume, you can simply specify the filespace
>name in curly braces, i.e.:
>
>RESTORE {OLDNAME}\* instead of RESTORE D:\*
>
>For example, suppose the D: drive is labeled as DATA and you back it up. Then
>you subsequently relabel the drive to APPS. You can access the backup versions
>created with the DATA label like this:
>
>RESTORE {DATA}\* -SUBDIR=YES (or whatever options you want).
>
>This way you don't necessarily need to relabel the drive back to DATA, unless
>that is what you want to do.
>
>Andy Raibeck
>ADSM Level 2 Support
Thanks Andy.... I bet this would have worked also for the user I had that
had the problem of the filesystem that was deleted (/usr/OV) and the data
was now in the /usr filesystem (problem I had memtioned in a previous note).
So instead of deleting the so to get the restore command to restore the file
/usr/OV/conf/cfg.file from the /usr filespace and not from the /usr/OV
filespace
I could use the command:
RESTORE {/usr}/usr/OV/conf/cfg.file

Thanks;