ADSM-L

Re: mvs error log

1997-06-19 13:21:26
Subject: Re: mvs error log
From: William White <www AT CNP.TEA.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:21:26 -0500

> hello everyone,
>
> is there an error log on the mvs server? what is typically the name? I
> installed ADSM but don't recall creating this dataset. is there a system
> command to view this log?
>
> thanks,
> steve white

ADSM MVS server writes messages to the JES job log.  Also to the system log.
I guess you can look at these with SDSF or the like whilst ADSM is running.
Disposition of these data sets after ADSM terminates depends upon how your
system handles STC output.  Some error messages may be in SYS1.LOGREC which
can be viewed using EREP. For example, hardware errors and abends cause records
to be written to SYS1.LOGREC.

--
(Signed)  William W. White  --  www AT tenet DOT edu
(Signed)  William W. White  --  www AT tenet DOT edu