ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/MVS V1 -> ADSM/AIX V2

1997-06-19 10:32:34
Subject: Re: ADSM/MVS V1 -> ADSM/AIX V2
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:32:34 EDT
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 15:47:29 FST MULLER Marius said:
>Hy ADSMer,
>
>We have an ADSM/MVS version 1 (ADSM V1.2.0.7, 2x 3480, 2 go DB size)
>and need now to use an other system.
>So, we want to use an ADSM/AIX V2 with 3494 library and 2x3590 drives.
>The drive to read the old 3480 format onto the AIX is an 349.
>
>To convert the ADSM/MVS V1, we tried the 'DUMPDB' command.
>BUT, the DUMPDB V1 command is incompatible with the LOADDB V2 command ||
>
>So what can I do ??
>Does someone out there have an ADSM/AIX V1 code, so that I can read the MVS
>database to my AIX.
>
>Or can I use the EXPORT / IMPORT commands ?
>Really, I need your recommendations.

Good Morning

You should be able to use the export server command.
You might want to use a mixture of export server and export node.
That is export the server without filedata. This will allow you
to get the server up and running on the aix box. Then export one
node at a time over. Exporting the filedata can be a very slow
process.

len

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513