ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
It took a while to figure out but the problem was at one time the user had
created a filesystem /usr/OV (back in 1996).  Later the system was reinstalled
and the /usr/OV filesystem was not recreated.  Now everything in that
sub-directory was in the /usr filesystem.  When a request to ADSM for the file
or any file below /usr/OV was made, ADSM pulled it from the old filespace of
/usr/OV (the 1996 data).  To be able to restore the current stuff we had to
to a 'restore -pick /usr' and go through the list and pick the file we needed.
The other way we could have done this (which I did after the fact) was to do
as Andy suggested above and 'DELETE FILESPACE' the old /usr/OV file space.

This is just an example of a GOTCHA that you can look out for.  Hopefully
someone can learn from the hours of "head scratching" I did yesterday.  It
seems
like such a simple problem....NOW, but yesterday I did not think so.

Chuck T.