ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
     From general observations it seems that when processes don't cancel
     immediately is it because the process is a lower priority and doesn't
     get swapped in to even realize it has been canceled.

     When I've had tons of backups comming into the server and a bunch of
     migration processes running I would cancel the migrations to try to
     provide more horse power to the backups... I would see behavior such
     as mentioned below.  What I also noticed, over time, is that even if
     not canceled, during times of high user activity, migrations don't
     move data.  In playing around with this it was seen that if two
     migrations were running during peak load periods and one was canceled
     neither process would do anything, then one would go away and the
     other would move a little more data...

     So my opnion is if you are just concerned about them taking CPU cycles
     away from other sessions inside ADSM, don't worry... they don't seem
     to do that.

     later
         Dwight

Subject: Cancel Processes on ADSM Server for AIX (2.1.0 r12)
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU) at unix,mime
Date:    6/18/97 9:48 PM

Right now I have 3 process with pending cancels. Since I have systems
backing up to ADSM right now I cannot halt the server. These 3 process
Audit Library,Reclamation and a vol checkout are all sitting in a hung
state and will not cancel. Is their a way from the AIX backgound processes
to kill these pending processes, or does anyone now of a way to "FORCE"
cancel these processes hard.

Thanks...

--MimeMultipartBoundary--