ADSM-L

dsmserv restore db

1997-06-18 21:35:06
Subject: dsmserv restore db
From: Laurence Beard <lbeard AT CSCNZ.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:35:06 +1200
     I am  currently trying to back up the ADSTAR database on to tape 8mm
     tape from a raw partition
                /dev/radsm_log_0
                /dev/radsm_db_0

     The command I am using is "dsmserv restore db". The purpose of this
     exercise is for Disaster-Recovery, as no ASTAR database no ADSTAR. The
     error message I get is :
     ANR0900I Processing options file /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmserv.opt.
     ANR0212E Unable to read disk definition file dsmserv.dsk.

     This file exists in the right place with the above two entries.

     What are the possible causes?

     Is there a better way of backing up the ADSTAR database, like using
     UNIX files and back these up using a mksysb???

     Regards

     Laurence Beard

     lbeard AT cscnz.co DOT nz
     Auckland, New Zealand.