ADSM-L

Re: show commands: carefull!!

1997-06-18 08:12:19
Subject: Re: show commands: carefull!!
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:12:19 +0200
Thanks for this noce command SHOW VERSION.

I tried on our MVS server, "show version nodenamex filespacey"

Result: 85000 lines of output on the MVS master console!!

The system hung for 57 minutes just writing these lines on the console.
No more new batch jobs or TSO sessions could run.

Conclusion: think about before trying it...

Rene Lambelet