ADSM-L

Re: schedule service problem on nt client

1997-06-15 22:04:40
Subject: Re: schedule service problem on nt client
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 21:04:40 -0500
Alex,

  I for one have not seen the problem as you describe it.  In a problem as
severe as this I would attempt to re-install the product and then watch
your shop for a recurrence.  It is conceivable that some sort of corruption
of the application files or registry entries has taken place.  As you
certainly know, sometimes taking steps like this to solve a problem
destroys any evidence as to what the problem is caused by.  I may be wrong,
but on initial occurrences of a problem that may be application or not, I
fix it an watch for repeat occurrences..

Good Luck,
  Dan T.

----------
> From: Alex Mounayar <Alex.Mounayar AT SMED DOT COM>
> From: Alex Mounayar <Alex.Mounayar AT SMED DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: schedule service problem on nt client
> Date: Thursday, June 12, 1997 2:32 PM
>
> A problem just occurred with the scheduler service on an nt 4.0
> workstation running adsm baclient v2r1 ptf6.  The schedule time
> was changed on the adsm server and I attempted to have the
> new schedule read by stopping the service from the services front
> end on the nt control panel.  The service stopped but now will not
restart
> even with a complete shutdown and reboot.  Now no adsm ba client
> apps will start either(dsmc, dsm or dsmcsvc)  I have tried resetting the
> password via dsmcsvi
> and updatepw.  Both applications 'disappear' when attempting to
> validate the password.   I recieved an error code 4099 when trying to
> run dsmcsvc .  The error description is 'StartServiceCtrlDispatcher
failed'.
> The scverror.log had the following entry:
> 6/12 14:02:10 dscsvc.c(250): main(): StartServiceCtrlDispatcher: Win32
RC=1063.