ADSM-L

Re: RS/6000 (SP2) Hardware Reqts for ADSM Server

1997-06-11 20:18:49
Subject: Re: RS/6000 (SP2) Hardware Reqts for ADSM Server
From: Michael Louie <Michael.Louie AT CORP.VARIAN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 17:18:49 -0700
Hi Peter,

Are you getting 25GB/hr using 2 drives backing up the Oracle SAP R/3??

At 09:12 AM 6/12/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Hello Eric,
>
>I run my adsm server (2.1.0.12) on an IBM RS6000 SP 'wide' node that has
512mb of memory and 3 internal 4.5 gb scsi disks. There are also 2 3590's
and an 8mm 7131 tape library (dont use this in anger anymore) attached to
this node. These requirements are more than adequate for our needs. We
basically use adsm to backup the other nodes in the SP complex (3 frames,
12 thins, 1 wide and 7 high nodes) and at this point do not backup any of
the windows NT server but evil forces in my company plan to do this in the
near future (shudder). The main workload for our adsm server is Oracle SAP
R/3 backups via IBM's backint. At his point in time I can get around 25
gb/hour though I belive this can be improved with some tuning and fiddling.

>So , I am quite happy with our current adsm sever configuration though
more dasd would be good and a 3494 tape robot wouldn't hurt either !.