ADSM-L

Re: "backup stgpool" command

1997-06-11 17:16:21
Subject: Re: "backup stgpool" command
From: "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:16:21 -0500
Bob,
Typically, a tape pool is the type of pool that gets copied by 'backup
stgpool'.  If a node is being backed up, the data is probably going to
the disk pool, so, no, the files would not even be considered for
copying.  This is not a problem though.  Think of 'backup stgpool' as an
ongoing process.  Tomorrow, after the files migrate to the tape pool,
they WILL be copied. And even if some files were in-flight to the tape
pool being backed up and (due to internal logic) they were not copied -
rest assured they would be at the next 'backup stgpool'.

Ron Clendenny
Callaway Nuclear Plant
Fulton, Missouri
<rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>