ADSM-L

Compressed Data Grew

1997-06-10 17:10:18
Subject: Compressed Data Grew
From: Mark Rizzo <RizzoM AT MAIL.DEC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:10:18 -0400
ADSM Folks,

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting the message,
"Compressed Data Grew" when trying to incrementally
backup a file that I know is NOT changing? Since I have
the retries set to two, it will eventually successfully
backup the file. These files average 600MB in size, so
an unnecessary retry really slows things down.
Any suggestions??

The file system is static and the file modification
date is several weeks old. I'm running AIX 4.1.4 and
ADSM v2.1.5.10. I'm backing up files from a Solaris
5.5 system.

Thanks,
Mark Rizzo
DOD