ADSM-L

Re: Big problems with Netware 4.10/ADSM

1997-06-07 14:46:44
Subject: Re: Big problems with Netware 4.10/ADSM
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 14:46:44 -0400
Can you provide more information about the abend? There should be some kind of
error message issued when the abend occurs, indicating what the abend failure
was and which module abended. You also said that the abend occurs when the ADSM
client connects for backup, but I'm not certain what you mean by this. Is it
immediately after ADSM logs in to the NetWare system, or when it connects to
the ADSM server, or when it starts the backup? Also how are you starting the
backup, and what specifically are you backing up? Is it via the scheduler, or
are you doing a LOAD DSMC INCREMENTAL or LOAD DSMC SELECTIVE, or LOAD DSMC
MACRO? Are you backing up just the directory, or are you also backing up
NetWare volumes?

If you can provide some more detail, that will help in trying to identify the
problem. Also, please check with Novell to be sure that NetWare has current
patches in place. If you don't have SMSUP6 installed, I recommend putting that
on. You might also want to verify that you are at least at 410PT7.

I will be away until Monday, June 16, 1997, so if you post the information here
and I don't respond right away, that is why. Perhaps someone else will have
some insight into this. If you need more immediate attention, you should open a
problem with your IBM branch. Otherwise I'll try to help as best I can.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
---------------------- Forwarded by Andrew Raibeck/San Jose/IBM on 06-07-97

        ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU