ADSM-L

Re: Setting up ADSM (fairly new install)

1997-06-05 03:51:57
Subject: Re: Setting up ADSM (fairly new install)
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:51:57 +0200
Hi Gary,

The option that you are looking for is copypool.
If you only have one drive available this option is not going to help you -
you need at least two drives to make a copy of your tape pool.
Let me give you some direction assuming you have two drives or you get
your 3570 soon.

You have your primary tape pool - Let's call it tapepool1
You need to create a copy pool for off site tapes:
Command - DEF STG  tapepool2 devclasstape PO=CO
This command will define a new tape pool called tapepool2 assigned to devclass
whatever you use for the tape.
Next you need to set up an admin schedule to issue the command that
will copy your primary to your off-site pool (tapepool2).
Command - BA STG tapepool1 tapepool2.
You can set up this schedule to kick off only on Sunday every week to
accomplish this.

I don't think there is anything else that I have left out - taking in
consideration
that I set this up about a year ago!

If I left out something else somebody will pick it up and point you in the
right direction but I think this is all you need to do.

If you get stuck, just shout!

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg