ADSM-L

Solaris X/86 client

1997-06-04 16:53:28
Subject: Solaris X/86 client
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:53:28 -0400
Hi All,

     Is anyone using ADSM to backup Solaris X/86 clients (Solaris on intel
based machines)?  I thought IBM had announced support for X/86?  And, I
thought someone had said the AT&T client might work there?

Anyone?

IBM:  Any plans to support Solaris X/86?  With the price of a Pentium Pro
      200 compared to a Sun Sparc5, we are now buying PP200's and running
      Solaris X/86.  We just purchased 100 licenses, and it would be nice
      if we could use our recently purchased license for ADSM to back them
      up.

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,